Your privacy is important to us, therefore the present conditions govern the way we collect, store and use the personal data you voluntarily grant to us as a user of our website by accessing our website.
For the purpose of these conditions, personal data is information relating to an individual, natural or legal person, by which he or she can be identified, directly or indirectly. University of Zagreb Faculty of Forestry and Wood Technology (hereinafter: Faculty of Forestry and Wood Technology) processes your personal data in a lawful, fair and transparent way, solely and exclusively for the purpose of which they were collected, and these terms apply only to personal data collected from online sources that contain a link to our website. Collection of personal data from any other sources is excluded.
The Faculty of Forestry and Wood Technology collects your personal data for the purpose of promoting, advertising and developing study programmes established within the University of Zagreb, Faculty of Forestry and Wood Technology, as well as of improving the website functionality and of providing the possibility of website customization.
Personal data are stored in accordance with the applicable legal regulations for the time strictly necessary to achieve the purposes for which they were collected.
In case that the Faculty of Forestry and Wood Technology intends to further process personal data for a purpose other than that for which your personal data were collected, The Faculty of Forestry and Wood Technology will contact you and further inform you about the other purpose of processing your personal data along with all other relevant information. However, in certain cases the Faculty of Forestry and Wood Technology reserves the right to carry out additional data processing to the extent permitted or prescribed by law.
By accessing our website, Facebook, Instagram or Youtube profile you agree to collecting and using your personal data in accordance with the terms here stated and you give your consent to the Faculty of Forestry and Wood Technology to change, supplement, delete or in any way update, in its sole discretion, the terms of protection of your personal data without prior notice. The Faculty of Forestry and Wood Technology will publish any changes to our privacy policies on this website indicating what personal data are being collected and the means and purposes of data processing, as well as the conditions under which personal data may be disclosed.
You can check at any time that your personal data are up-to-date and correct, or you can at any time request the Faculty of Forestry and Wood Technology to access your personal data that are being collected, to correct or delete your personal data, as well as request the restriction of your personal data processing. You may also withdraw your consent to process your personal data at any time as well as object to existing data processing. Send your written request by e-mail to:firstname.lastname@example.org. We will solve your request quickly and by appropriate means. In case of your personal data protection breach, you have the right to file a complaint with the Personal Data Protection Agency.
You can access our website without logging in or registering, or without revealing your identity.
The Faculty of Forestry and Wood Technology expressly declares that it will not sell, share or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties, except under the condition and in the manner determined by these terms. The Faculty of Forestry and Wood Technology reserves the right to provide from time to time your personal data for further processing to third parties who are hired to provide certain services acting for or on behalf of the Faculty of Forestry and Wood Technology or in connection with other business activities, solely and exclusively for a purpose consistent with the original purpose of data collection for which you have given your consent, of which the Faculty of Forestry and Wood Technology will take particular care.
We use the required security technologies and procedures to protect the security and confidentiality of the users’ personal data we collect online, and all the data are password protected. The Faculty of Forestry and Wood Technology takes all necessary measures to protect your personal data from hazards such as loss, misuse, unauthorized access, destruction, etc., for which purpose the Faculty of Forestry and Wood Technology has appointed a personal data protection officer whose information can be found here.
Danijela Piršljin Bunjevčević, dipl. iur.
Personal Data Protection Officer
University of Zagreb
Faculty of Forestry and Wood Technology
phone: + 385 1 235 2400
The Faculty of Forestry and Wood Technology may collect and process anonymous data about website access and searches conducted by visitors. Such anonymous data are used for internal purposes of improving website functionality, customizing its content and producing internal statistics.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small files that your browser saves to disk during your visit of our websites. This allows our website to recognize your computer when you visit us next time so that we can offer you a more personalized experience while you brows our website. Cookies are not aimed at spying on a user and do not follow all that the user is doing and are not a malicious code or virus Also, cookies are not related to unwanted messages or spam, they can not save a password and are not intended solely for advertising. Information such as your name or email address will not be saved - the website can not access your personal information and files on your computer.
Types of cookies
1. Cookie Sessions and Permanent Cookies
- Session cookies are temporary cookies that run out after you leave the web site. These cookies are required for the proper performance of certain applications or functionalities on this Site.
- Persistent cookies are used to improve our users' experience (eg. remember the details of the application so you do not have to enter them every time you have a website). These cookies remain in the cookie of your browser for a longer time. This time period will depend on the choice of settings on your Internet browser. Permanent cookies allow data to be uploaded to the web server each time you visit the site.
2. First and Third Party Cookies
- First-party cookies - are released by this site. These cookies are often used for the proper functioning of the website and for remembering your preferences on the website.
3. Necessary and other cookies
- Necessary cookies are necessary for the operation of our website and the use of its features and / or services. For example, they allow you to navigate through the website and sign in to safe areas. By using this website you will automatically be granted access to the necessary cookies without which the website cannot work. These are PHPSESSID cookies and _exp cookies.
- Performance cookies collect information about how visitors use our website, for example, which pages visitors most often come across and receive error messages from those pages. These cookies do not collect the information that identifies the visitor. All information collected by these cookies are anonymous. They only serve to improve the functioning of this website.
- Functional cookies allow our website to remember the choices and adjustments you made during your visit and provide enhanced personal features. For example, remember to change your language preferences or currency preferences. hey can also be used to enable third parties to provide social sharing tools and remember your preferred sharing services.
- This website uses marketing cookies.
How to accept or reject cookies
You can always block the use of some or all of the cookies we use on our website, however, this may affect its functionality.
The cookie settings box is located at the bottom of this page. After selecting the settings, you can reset those cookie settings at the bottom of this page at any time.
You can also accept or reject some or all cookies by customizing your browser settings. The following links provide information on how to change the settings for some of the most commonly used web browsers: Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Apple Safari, Opera. Some browsers allow you to surf the web in “anonymous” mode, limiting the amount of data set on your computer and automatically deleting persistent cookies placed on your device when you finish your browsing session. There are also many third-party applications you can add to your browser to block or manage cookies. You can also delete cookies that were previously set in your browser by selecting the option to clear the browsing history, and then turn on the cookie clearing option. More detailed information about cookies and adjusting the browser settings can be found on the pagewww.allaboutcookies.org.
The Faculty of Forestry and Wood Technology does not collect or process personal information about minors. Exceptionally, in case of collecting personal information about minors, we will inform the parents about the type of personal information collected from persons under the age of 18 and / or offer them the possibility to withdraw the consent to collect, use and transfer their child’s personal data to third parties.
You can send your comments, complaints or suggestions to improve these terms to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
University of Zagreb
Faculty of Forestry and Wood Technology