Science and International Cooperation
The Employees of the Faculty of Forestry carry out their scientific and professional work in laboratories, classrooms, teaching and research facilities in the forests, companies and through cooperation with other national and international organisations. The employees regularly bring together research teams and apply with their project ideas for tenders of Croatian Science Foundation, for tenders of the Structural Funds and for tenders of other organisations. A part of the research projects takes regularly place in cooperation with national and international partner organisations.
The Faculty has concluded a series of cooperation agreements with domestic and foreign faculties and organisations, which enables mobility and professional development of students and teachers.
The results of scientific and professional research papers have been presented at conferences at home and abroad.
Science at the Faculty of Forestry is manifested through scientific projects relevant for scientific and research activities of the Institute of Ecology and Silviculture, Institute for Forest Survey and Management, Institute of Forest Genetics, Dendrology and Botany, Institute of Forestry Engineering and Technology, Institute for Forest Conservation and Hunting Management, Institute of Wood Science, Institute for Material Technologies, Institute for Production Organisation, Institute of Process Technology and Institute of Furniture and Wood Products. From 2007 until the present date the employees of the Faculty of Forestry have been leaders or leaders of a part of 230 scientific projects. In addition to that, during the same period of time the Faculty of Forestry has been the organiser of 25 and co-organizer of 9 scientific conferences.
There are currently 5 ongoing projects funded by the Croatian Science Foundation:
- CroFEM Establishing Long-Term Scientific Monitoring of Natural Forest Ecosystems in Croatia,
- Phenotypic and Epigenetic Response to Drought Stress and Adaptability of Quercus robur L. Populations along a Latitudinal Gradient, i
- FRAXINPRO – The Role of Biotic Agents on Vitality of Narrow-Leafed Ash (Fraxinus angustifolia VAHL.) in Croatian Floodplain Forests.
- Od terena do nasada: karakteristike i prilagodljivost na stres prirodnih populacija pitomoga kestena i maruna - HRZZ projekt
- Utjecaj gospodarenja i klimatskih promjena na dinamiku rasta stabala i sastojina jele Dinarskog područja Hrvatske - HRZZ projekt