Postgraduate Specialist Studies
Academic title by completing the studies: University Specialist
The programme studies at the Faculty of Forestry are organized in 10 specialist studies: Two of them at Department of Wood Technology
The following postgraduate specialist studies have been organized at the Faculty of Forestry:
Candidates who completed undergraduate studies at the Department of Wood Technology or graduate Studies of Wood Technology Processes or graduate Studies in Design of Wood Products all at the Faculty of Forestry of the University of Zagreb with an average grade of 3,00 and higher, can enrol in the Studies of Wood Technology.
For applicants who completed undergraduate studies, the average grade is calculated on the basis of fifteen professional subjects, focusing on the professional subjects essential for the realization of the specialist work.
Master of Science in the field of forestry or wood technology are entitled to direct enrolment.
The enrolment may be granted, subject to the possibility of a bridging programme examination, to those applicants who have completed undergraduate or graduate studies in the field of forestry or wood technology at another faculty, including also the studies in other countries, who completed university undergraduate or graduate studies from other scientific areas and fields, who are masters of science from other scientific areas and fields.
Enrolment may be granted also to applicants who completed the undergraduate or postgraduate studies with a lower grade than 3,00 based on his/her professional paper results, where the applicant must meet one of the following requirements:
- At least one project/paper published in a scientific or professional journal topic-related to a specialist research, and of which he/she is the main author
- At least three papers published in Conference Proceedings of a scientific or expert counselling organized by scientific institutions, and of which he/she is the lead author
- One professional book published whose lead author is he/she
- that he/she was the leader of a successful technology project
- that he/she was a member of a successful technology project or a leader of a development study or a holder of expert acknowledgements and awards from eminent domestic and foreign institutions, provided with the recommendation of a prospective mentor.
The entrant must have a knowledge of at least one of the world's major languages.
The new course programmes for the specialist studies are underway.
Find out more about the studies by selecting the item on the left menu, find the area of your interest and expand your knowledge through the courses of the Specialist Studies at the Faculty of Forestry.