Assistant prof. Krunoslav Sever PhD
Location: the brown building, 2. floor, room 227
Phone: +385 1 2352 549
Language of communication: Croatian, English
Consultations: Wednesdays, from 10:00 to 11:00
Scientific and Educational Development
2018 - current: assistant professor
2013 - 2018: senior assistant, associate junior researcher
2007 - 2013: assistant- junior researcher
2007 - current: University of Zagreb, Faculty of Forestry 2006 - 2007: Hrvatske šume d.o.o.
My current interest is exploring the response of forest trees to a long period of droughts as an integral component of the climate change. Accordingly, I have been analysing the impact of a long period of drought on the phenotypic characteristics of forest trees, mainly on vegetative growth and photosynthetic activity. In addition, I have investigated the dynamics of nitrogen nutrients in the leaves of forest trees so far, as well as the physiological processes of the forest trees generative development, with particular reference to the phenology of flowering and the pollination of pedunculate oaks.
- Čehulić, I., K. Sever, I. K. Bogdan, A. Jazbec, Ž. Škvorc, S. Bogdan, 2019: Drought impact on leaf phenology and spring frost susceptibility in a Quercus robur L. provenance trial. Forests, 10, 50; doi:10.3390/f10010050
- Hagedorn, F., J. Joseph, M. Peter, J. Luster, K. Pritsch, U. Geppert, R. Kerner, V. Molinier, S. Egli, M. Schaub, J.F. Liu, M. Li, K. Sever, M. Weiler, R. T. W. Siegwolf, A. Gessler, M. Arend, 2016: Recovery of trees from drought depends on belowground sink control. Nature plants 2, Article number: 16111 (2016), DOI: 10.1038/NPLANTS.2016.111
- Arend, M., K. Sever, E. Pflug, A. Gessler, M. Schaub, 2016: Seasonal photosynthetic response of European beech to severe summer drought: Limitation, recovery and post-drought stimulation. Agr. Forest. Meterol., 220 (2016): 83–89.
- Sever, K., S. Bogdan, Ž. Škvorc, M.Z. Ostrogović Sever, J. Franjić, 2016: Estimation of leaf nitrogen concentrations in Quercus robur L. using the CCM-200 portable chlorophyll meter for different patterns of vegetative growth and acorn production. New Forests, 47:513–527.
- Sever, K., Ž. Škvorc, S. Bogdan, J. Franjić, D. Krstonošić, I. Alešković, S. Kereša, G. Fruk, T. Jemrić, 2012: In vitro pollen germination and pollen tube growth differences among Quercus robur L. clones in response to meteorological conditions, Grana, 51 (1): 25-34.
- Franjić, J., K. Sever, S. Bogdan, Ž. Škvorc, D. Krstonošić, I. Alešković, 2011: Phenological asynchronization as a restrictive factor of efficient pollination in clonal seed orchards of pedunculate oak (Quercus robur L.). Croat. Jour. For. Eng. 32 (1): 141-156.